Apply for the opening for the position of CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER (CFO) in a telecommunications infrastructure and wireless service provider in Africa.
Please see details below:
This role is responsible for the development of a robust financial strategy and metrics that track the achievement of the overall corporate goals. The role holder is required to continuously monitor and develop control systems designed to produce accurate financial results and preserve the organisation’s assets.
MORE JOBS: Software Engineer – Front End at Andela
Scope and Responsibilities
● Responsible for all financial and fiscal management aspects of company operations.
● Ensure that the company’s financing requirements are consistently met, and that capital structure is optimized at all points in time
● Continuous review of the company’s performance, identify and appraise business risks/ opportunities and make appropriate recommendations for business growth and development
● Effective management of the company’s balance sheet to achieve corporate goals
● Develop, organize and evaluate the organisation’s fiscal function and performance.
● Articulate the organisation’s financial strategies and ensure alignment the company strategic priorities
● Participate in the development of the organisation’s overall strategic goals
● Champion the implementation of the Finance function’s strategy ensuring alignment with organisation’s corporate strategy and business goals
● Oversee the preparation of the company’s annual budget and monitor its implementation
● Develop credibility for the Finance function by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and associated trends to assist Executive Management in performing their duties
● Ensure all databases are updated with accurate information from internal and external sources to enhance the company’s competitiveness and business ranking
● Establishes an appropriate management information system for collation, monitoring and reporting purposes
● Develop and maximise business relationship with Bankers, Finance & General Purpose/Audit committees of the Board of Directors and regulatory officials
● Ensures the company operates in accordance with all relevant laws, regulation and Accounting standards applicable to its operations
● Regular preparation and reporting of the company’s financial position
● Regular preparation and reporting of cash flow statement
● Monitor the company’s operating base costs and highlight factors impacting effective cost management towards achieving a low-cost business environment.
● Analyze cash flow, cost controls, and expenses to guide business leaders. Analyze financial statements to pinpoint potential weak areas. Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards. Support the Procurement of equipment and solutions.
● Supervise costing, management accounting, financial accounting and treasury activities
● Control credit limits and approvals for customers
Tax, Regulatory / Statutory Compliance
● Develop effective tax planning strategies and oversee the filing of all tax returns
● Ensure that the organization complies with all Tax regulations
● Coordinate investor relations’ activities including preparation of communications such as presentations and press releases
Industry Knowledge & Trends
● Keep abreast of industry developments and trends and proactively ensure the adoption of relevant practices
Leadership and People Management
● Oversee all key elements of the Finance function including financial reporting, financial and management accounting, company tax and regulatory compliance, financial controls (budgeting, planning, forecasting, risk managements etc.), corporate finance, treasury, and the underlying management information systems utilized
● Provide strong leadership and ensure clear strategic objectives are in place
● Support the implementation and facilitation of relevant workshops and training courses
● Promote the organisation’s core values and a strong team culture
● Manage the day to day performance, learning and development of the team. Including one on one feedback sessions and conduct performance appraisals
● Minimum of a First Degree
● Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or its equivalent is required
Required Experience for the Position of CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER (CFO)
● At least 15 years post-qualification experience, 6 of which must have been spent in a senior managerial role in a formal business organisation
Click here to APPLY
MORE JOBS: Software Engineer – Back End At Andela